As the number of households with at least one dog is growing, so is the number of places for dogs, according to dog park statistics.
Today, dog parks are well-arranged to be functional for dogs, as well as or their owners. Do dog parks have a positive impact on the development of the city? Most of the dog owners think yes.
Some of the largest parks in the world are located in the U.S., so your lovely pets can stay active during the day. Do you know which city has the most dog parks? For this answer and many others you are looking for, keep reading the article.
4 Best Dog Park Facts
- The United States has more than 800 dog parks.
- There were an increase of 42% more dog parks since 2009.
- Boise is a city with the most dog parks per capita.
- Around 91% of Americans believe dog parks are beneficial in every city.
8 Best Dog Park Statistics & Facts
1. The world-first official dog park was created in California
Back to 1979. Ohlone Dog Park was created in Berkley, California. This was the world’s first official dog park and now there are thousands of them across the world.
2. The United States has more than 800 dog parks
According to data from 2019., The United States is one of the countries with the biggest number of dog parks. There are more than 800 dog parks in the 10 largest cities.
3. There were an increase of 42% more dog parks since 2009.
In the last 12 years, in the U.S. there is the continuous growth of dog parks. There are more than 40% dog parks now than in 2009. The number is the reflection of an increase in adoption like dog adoption statistics say.
4. New York has the most dog parks in the U.S.
Data from 2019. said that New York has the most dog parks in the U.S The Big Apple is one of the most dog-friendly cities.
5. According to statistics from 2020., Boise is a city with the most dog parks per capita.
Boise, Idaho is the U.S. city with the most dog parks in this country. According to dog park statistics from 2019., there were 6.3 dog parks on 100,000 residents.
6. Shawnee Missio Park is the largest off-leash area in the U.S
From the data in 2021., the Shawnee Mission Park is the largest off-leash area in the United States. Park has 44 acres of grasslands, a 10-acre lake, a dog beach, a swimming hole, and open friends for all dog breeds.
7. Around 91% of Americans believe dog parks are benefits in every city
National Recreation and Park Association did research in 2018., and revealed that 91% of Americans believe that dog parks are one of the benefits in their community.
According to the survey, the top three benefits include a safe space to exercise, better socialization with other dogs, and physical activity.
8. Studies showed that dog owners will do around 2,700 steps more per day
Having a dog provide better physical activities for owners, as well. Going to dog parks every day will result in 2,700 additional steps, studies shows.
To Sum Up
To summarize all dog park statistics, the U.S. is one of the most dog frinedly countries according to the number of dog parks in the largest cities. Most Americans think that dog park has benefits in the improvent of their city. Dog parks are great places for better socialization with other dogs as well as physical activites.